Friday, December 14, 2012

8 Happy Nights - Night 6

If you've been following along at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog, you've had a chance to see all the wonderful Hanukkah cards the other Girl Fridays have made.  Well tonight it's my turn to share a card made with the 8 Happy Nights stamp set!  Now for the paper yummies:

I started off by cutting my stamp (I know...EEK!  Even though I know it's okay, it still causes just a little bit of angst when I first start cutting a stamp apart!).  Since I was going to be stamping the 8 repeatedly, it just made more sense to cut the 8 away from the adjoining words than to mask the words every single time.  I used a white pigment ink to stamp the 8s on my kraft card base.  By a happy accident, I ended up with just enough room at the bottom of my card to fit the perfect sentiment (rather than a sentiment banner going across the 8s, as was my original plan).  I randomly stamped some blue Stars of David right on top of the white 8s, then added some Diamond Stickles to the stars.  I finished off the card with a seam binding bow.  If you don't mind the repeated stamping, this card would be super easy to reproduce, as it's basically a single layer card (plus ribbon).  And, the recipient of this card said it was the prettiest Hanukkah card she's ever received.  YAY!  Here's a close-up of the sentiment and glitter:

I hope all of you who celebrate Hanukkah are indeed having 8 happy nights!  If you haven't seen all the other creations, check them out here.  You can see the entire stamp set below, and you can buy it here:


Thanks for looking!

Supplies: card stock: Recollections; stamps: CAS-ual Fridays Stamps; inks: Joann (white), TPC Studio (blue); glitter glue: Ranger; seam binding: Hug Snug; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this card. Now I just wish I knew someone Jewish to CASE it to send to them I guess for next year!

    ReplyDelete