Monday, August 27, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge - You're groovy!

Happy Monday to all!  I hope everybody had a great weekend.  I'm back today with the new Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge for this week!  YAY!!  Since it's the fourth week of the month, you know what that means:

Yep, it's a photo inspiration challenge.  And here is the very cool inspiration photo for this week:

Isn't that just the funkiest sofa ever?  It really threw me for a loop as to how to translate it into a card.  I definitely stepped outside my comfort zone to create this paper yummy:

So I'm not sure that I really channeled the sofa in my card, but I think it's pretty darn funky too.  I used the rounded rectangles stamp from the Spiffy Scooters set and stamped it multiple times to create the background.  Then I colored them all in with Copics, trying to simulate the general location of the colors in the sofa.  I created the sentiment using the Graffiti set, and finished it off with a flower from Qwick Qwips and a lil' rhinestone.  Here are some more views:



How are you inspired by this week's challenge?  I'm really excited to see how other people interpret this photo!  You can play along with the challenge here. You have until Sunday, September 2nd at 11:59 PM EST to play along.  The winner will receive a $30 credit to the Paper Smooches store!!  And don't forget the check out the rest of Team 2's wonderful creations, and give em' some love!
Thanks so much for looking! 

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (black, kraft), Copic (white); stamps: Paper Smooches; inks: Tsukineko (black), TPC Studio (red); markers: Copic; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers; rhinestone: craft supply; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, even better than the couch! Such an artistic flare you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! Check out those colours! Great work on this groovy card.

    ReplyDelete