Saturday, March 24, 2012

Simple Card Saturday - One of a kind

Happy Saturday! For this week's Simple Card Saturday, I have a card using an adorable image from the Paper Smooches Zoo Crew set that was released this month. I love all the little animals, and they are really fun to paper piece. This week I'm playing along with the Young Crafters Unite Challenge, to use sewing or stitching:
CFC45: The Bold & The Beautiful-
create a Clean And Simple project using pastels and black

I'd been wanting to use the hippo from the Zoo Crew set, but just hadn't for whatever reason. Then when I got this cute gray-with-white-polka-dot paper, it hit me: make a polka-dot hippo that's one of a kind. And now for the paper yummies:

I stamped the Hero Arts Zig Zag background using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in crushed olive for a tone-on-tone background. I really love that background stamp! Then I paper-pieced my hippo and added the sentiment and the heart, which are from the Paper Smooches Word Salad set. I added Glossy Accents to the heart. The large scalloped punch is by EK Success. I tied some baker's twine and a button around part of the scallop, machine-stitched along the edge of the card, then popped the sentiment up on dimensional adhesive. Here's a closer view of my polka-dot hippo:

Love him! I'm playing along with these challenges:
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC45: Baking with The Twinery

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Core'dinations (green, blue); patterned paper: Recollections; stamps: Paper Smooches (hippo, sentiment, heart), Hero Arts (background); ink: Tsukineko (black), Ranger (green); markers: Prismacolor; scalloped edge punch: EK Success; Glossy Accents: Ranger; baker's twine: Divine Twine; button: craft supply; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts

10 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable - I love the spotty Hippo! Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your polka dot hippo! What a cutie! Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks fabulous in polka dots! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberley
    Love this - and your whole blog :)
    I've nominated you for a Liebster award - more info on my blog, lyndalhiggins@blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project! Love that cute hippo! Thanks for playing at RCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a great fan of cards and i found some amazing stuff here..


    custom gift cards
    clear cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that hippo-so cute! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute choices for a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute choices for a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete