Friday, March 23, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays CFC45: Thanks for all you do

Happy Friday! I hope everybody had a great week! I'm back with a card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge:
CFC45: The Bold & The Beautiful-
create a Clean And Simple project using a pastels and black

This card is a little different than my usual style. I think I do "cutesy" better than I do "pretty", but I kept seeing all these beautiful cards with this Large Flower Background stamp from Hero Arts and thought it looked interesting. Then when Gayatri sent me a Valentine's Day card using this stamp and I got to see what it looked like in person, I definitely wanted in on the action. I stamped it on kraft cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I colored the big flowers and leaves with Prismacolor markers, and it really made the white POP! Here are the paper yummies:

After I colored what I wanted to, I used a craft knife to partially cut some of the leaves, then I curled them up to make them really dimensional. I backed the stamped kraft cardstock with some black cardstock for a little "unexpected" touch, since you don't see black cardstock anywhere else. Here's a close-up:
I added a scalloped strip, a sentiment by Papertrey Ink, some ribbon, baker's twine, and a button to finish it off. I'm playing along with these challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #161: Sketch
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC45: Baking With The Twinery
The Pink Elephant TPE140: Get Krafty

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (kraft, black), Core'dinations (green); stamps: Hero Arts (flower background), Papertrey Ink (sentiment); inks: Tsukineko (watermark, black); embossing powder: American Crafts; markers: Prismacolor; craft knife: Fiskars; punches: Fiskars (scalloped edge), We R Memory Keepers (corner rounder); ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique; baker's twine: Divine Twine; button: craft supply

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous, reminds me of Batik the material... TFS
    hAVE A gr8 day
    cheers Julie
    http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooh.....this is all types of gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! Love the stamped image! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! AMAZING coloring--and the pop of black makes the colors so vibrant! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Now you're making me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you SO much for playing along with this month's Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly, this is just stunning. I love everything about this! Thanks for playing along at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kimberly!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, this is just outta this world gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing at the Pink Elephant last week - I hope you can play with us this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoaaaa! Just as I think I've seen all the amazing ideas from crafters, I run across your card here! Beautiful job, I just love the pretty design and image, the 3D leaves are just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining in on our kraft challenge this week at TPE! :)
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete