Thursday, February 9, 2012

CPS Day 5 - i love you always

Happy Thursday! I'm back with my card for day 5 of the Card Positioning Systems anniversary celebration. Here is the sketch (#38):For my card, I wanted to incorporate some more cute stamps from Paper Smooches. The "i love you" and "always" are from the Word Salad set, and the cute little hearts with the arrow through them is this month's (FREE!) digital stamp from Paper Smooches. Now for the paper yummies:
I printed the digital stamp on some of that cute gray polka dot paper from yesterday's card, but the gray didn't quite match the grays in my other patterned papers, so I darkened the paper slightly using my Prismacolor markers. I also printed the image on white cardstock so that I could paper piece the hearts and still see the arrow on the white cardstock. I stamped "i love you" on the hearts, and embossed them with white powder. Then I used a white Signo pen to doodle on the hearts and color the overlap between the two hearts. I stamped "always" beneath the hearts and embossed them with charcoal powder.
I'm also playing along with Lily Pad Cards patterned paper challenge and Paper Smooches March Designer search. Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned papers: American Crafts (strips), Pink Paislee (hearts), stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Tsukineko; embossing powder: American Crafts; edge punch: Fiskars; eyelet ribbon: Offray; white pen: Signo Uniball; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers

1 comment:

  1. this is so pretty! thanks so much for celebrating at CPS with us!

    ReplyDelete