Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day card

Here is a Valentine's Day card I made for the Hero Arts 2012 Valentine card exchange on Flickr. There were 57 gals who participated in the exchange, and it was a lot of fun! I made this card for Sheila in Wisconsin, and received 2 (yes 2!) lovely cards from Gayatri in Australia. How cool is that?!?


Here's a close-up of the rosette, on top of which I stacked a pink button and a red felt heart that I Stickled:

And since the card was too bulky for me to want to send it in a regular envelope, I decided to send it in a bubble mailer. And that gave me an excuse to decorate the regular envelope:
I hope Sheila enjoyed the card. And I hope to be part of the next exchange. Thanks for looking!

Supplies: card base/envelope: The Paper Studio; cardstock (black, kraft): Recollections; patterned papers: October Afternoon; ticket strip die/stamps: Papertrey Ink; "happy" alphabet dies: Sizzix (Rat-a-tat font); alphabet stickers: Cosmo Cricket; "day": handwritten with black Recollections pen, then Versamark pen and embossed with American Crafts black glitter embossing powder; rosette: Dritz; twine: Offray; red felt heart: American Crafts; button: craft supply; glitter glue: Ranger; white pen: Signo Uniball; machine stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment